Failed install - version 5.7, MacOS High Sierra

Hello,

Is version 5.7 compatible with MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6? Most of the installation process looks successful, but it fails at the end – potentially related to ANTs compatibility. Any advice for troubleshooting is much appreciated! install_sct_log.txt file is attached.

Thank you,
Kristin & Caroline
install_sct_log.txt (1.3 KB)

Hello,

macOS 10.13 has been deprecated for a few years, and we can’t test it regularly. Looking back through our code, it seems we haven’t been testing 10.13 since at the absolute latest March 12th, 2021, and even then it was already on its way out. Since switching to testing on GitHub’s infrastructure, we never had access to macOS 10.13 machines because they never offered them.

So while we’re not specifically not supporting 10.13, I’m not surprised it’s broken. That’s how software churns.

I guess your machine not supported by macOS 11, so you can’t upgrade?

Would you be able to work in a VM, perhaps? Install VirtualBox with a modern Linux, or rent some space from DigitalOcean or Vultr or Amazon or OVH?

Thanks for the quick response – I will see if I’ll be able to upgrade this machine without breaking anything. :slight_smile: If not, I think we can work with an older version of SCT that I know works on this machine. Thank you!

If it’s only ANTs binaries that are not working and you are familiar with manipulating installation files, you could also use ANTs files from an older version of SCT and replace them in the latest SCT version.

Thanks for that idea as well!