Struggling to download SCT

Hi,

I’m struggling to download SCT for the first time. I’ve downloaded python and github with recommended settings but when I try to download SCT the following message comes up:

### Downloading SCT source code (@ ) to \Users\user\spinalcordtoolbox...
Cloning into 'spinalcordtoolbox'...
warning: Could not find remote branch --single-branch to clone.
fatal: Remote branch --single-branch not found in upstream origin
Failed with error #128.

I’ve had a look through other forum chats and can’t see any which reference this issue. Apologies if this is a simple fix. Just not sure what else to do at the moment.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi @PGalvin,

Thank you very much for posting your question! I’m sorry to hear you’re having troubles with your installation. It seems you’re on Windows, correct?

There’s one other thing I want to double-check: Did you run the install_sct.bat script by double-clicking it? Or, did you use a terminal (e.g. command prompt) to run the script?

Thank you kindly,
Joshua

Hi,

Yep trying to download on Windows. I ran the install_sct.bat script by double-clicking.

Thanks

Hi @PGalvin,

I was able to reproduce this issue on my own machine. Progress on this issue will be tracked in the GitHub Issue #3890 and the GitHub PR #3891.

For now, I believe I have a working fix. Could you please try downloading and running this modified version of the installation script?

Please let us know if this solves the issue for you. :slight_smile:

Thank you kindly,
Joshua

Yep that worked, thank you very much!

1 Like